Samsung Gets BETTER STILL at Security Updates: Today at Least 4 Yrs
We weren’t joking a couple weeks ago when we known as Samsung the “King of Android Improvements.” I understand that declaration got some by shock, but we’ve been monitoring Samsung’s update improvement for several years and are comfy saying it. In information today, Samsung has more extended their update assistance and is letting you know to get up to speed with us, assuming you'd doubts.
While Samsung has recently provided four many years of safety patches to numerous of its best Galaxy S and Galaxy Take note mobile phones, their wording will be changing now so they could add even more yrs on. Certain Samsung cell phones will today receive “at the very least four many years of security improvements.”
Samsung will be clear to indicate that means some will dsicover quarterly updates plus some will continue steadily to see regular, but that is extended support. We have been hoping to obtain clarification with this, but this may be an indicator that Samsung programs to aid select phones for 5 years or monthly for 4. That’s quite great news, given that they currently drop mobile phones back again to quarterly in the 4th year.
This is actually the list of products that drops under this “at the very least four yrs” of updates class:
- Galaxy Foldable gadgets: Fold, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S collection: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note collection: Note10, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Take note20 5G, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A string: A10e, A20, A50, A11, A21, A51, A51 5G, A71 5G
- Galaxy XCover collection: XCover FieldPro, XCover Professional
- Galaxy Tab series: Tab Active Professional, Tab Dynamic3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+
By supplying a “the least four years” following a telephone has been released, there isn’t anyone in Google android that supports phones provided that Samsung does.